Class Rules and Expectations
- All school rules will be strictly enforced.
- Students must come to class prepared, they must be seated when the bell rings and have appropriate materials out.
- Any behavior that disrupts the classroom environment is unacceptable.
- Any action or comment that is disrespectful to other people in the class is unacceptable.
- Insubordination Rule: While democratic principles are often employed in the class, students must remember that ultimately the teacher is responsible for a safe and comfortable classroom environment; failure to comply with the teacher’s instruction is unacceptable.
- Absences – students are responsible for all missed work as a result of absences. Unexcused absences will result in the student not being able to get a grade for what they missed.
- Late work – the penalty is minus 10% of the total available points for each day that the assignment is late, weekends count as two days.
Classroom Performance Grade: ~10% of final grade, assessed daily
54-60 (A): Student positively contributes to class by participating in discussions, working hard when given time to work on assignments, and positively contributing to group work. Class rules are always adhered to.
48-54 (B): Student sometimes contributes to class discussions but when not contributing is at least attentive. Student utilizes class time to complete assignments and works well in groups. Behavior is seldom a problem.
42-48 (C): Student sometimes contributes to class discussions and most of the time pays attention. Class time is frequently used to complete work and group work is completed. Behavior is sometimes a problem.
36-42 (D): Student sometimes pays attention to class discussion. Class time is occasionally used effectively and group work is sometimes completed. Behavior can be a problem.
0-36 (F): Student disrupts class discussion or does not pay attention. Class time is seldom used effectively and student hinders group progress. Behavior is a problem.